I feel it is very important to protect the privacy of my clients and the visitors of my website. In this policy I will explain how I handle your personal data, how and why I collect and store this information and how I may use it.
I may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal data:
- information about the traffic of visitors using my website. This includes your IP address, length of your visit, your browser type and version, geographical location, operating system, referral source, the pages you have viewed, and website navigation. This is done by the above mentioned “cookies”.
- information about any transactions that happened between you and me on or in relation to my website. This includes any data that you provide when making purchases of my services.
- information that you choose to send me (either via contact form or email)
- details about your general health and wellbeing.
I (may) use your personal data:
- To process enquiries and complaints made by you.
- To supply the services you purchased via the website;
- To send you statements and invoices;
- To be able to contact you with you general communications (such as changes to appointments);
- To send you email or text message notifications which you have requested;
- To send you marketing communications relating to my business which I think you may be interested in. This could happen by post or, where you have specifically agreed to this, by email or similar technology (you can inform me at any time if you no longer require marketing communications); and
Reasons why I collect and store your personal data:
- I need to understand your general health and wellbeing to be able to give you the best possible treatment. Most importantly I need to be aware of any conditions you may have to be able to determine if you are fit enough to receive a massage treatment and if it is in fact appropriate to your needs. It is of course within your rights to refuse such information, but in that case, I cannot provide the treatment.
- Providing your health details makes it possible for me to do my job safely and effectively.
- Contact details are collected to be able to contact you regarding your appointments (for example to be able to process cancellations or rescheduling)
- If you have given consent, I may occasionally contact you with relevant marketing material or appointment availability. If you wish to withdraw this consent, please don’t hesitate to contact me via email any time.
I will not share your personal data with any third party unless it is required by low or any legal processes, or if you give explicit consent for me to do share such information.
I take reasonable technical, physical and managerial precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information and keep it secure.
I am legally obliged to retain your information for 8 years following your last appointment. This is for insurance or possible legal purposes.
Amendments to this policy
You may instruct me to provide you with any personal information I hold about you. To be able to provide such information you will need supply appropriate evidence of your identity (for this purpose, I will accept a photocopy of your passport certified by a solicitor or bank plus an original copy of a utility bill showing your current address).
I may withhold personal information to the extent permitted and/or expected by law.
You may instruct me not to process your personal information for marketing purposes, by sending an email to me. In practice, I will ask if you agree to my use of your personal information for marketing purposes during the first consultation.
For a complete detail of your rights please visit https://ico.org.uk/for-organisations/guide-to-the-general-data-protection-regulation-gdpr/individual-rights/.
Please let me know if the personal information which I hold about you needs to be corrected or updated.
The data controller responsible in respect of the information collected on this website is your massage therapist, Katalin Brindley.
Phone: 01908 474252
Mobile: 07407 040052
Address: 15 Spencer, Stantonbury, Milton Keynes, MK14 6BQ